FAQ from a Wedding Stationery Designer:
- When should I secure my wedding on your calendar? Right away! I often book clients several months in advance and since I am a firm believer on quality over quantity, I only take on a few clients every month to ensure that every single client gets undivided attention.
- How long does the design process take? The design process for wedding invitations typically takes 2-4 weeks, depending on how thorough the questionnaire is filled out and how quick response times are.
- What kinds of wedding stationery items can you create? The skies the limit! From wedding invitations, save the dates, escort cards, wedding programs, table numbers and menus, I have designed it all. Custom stamps, thank you cards, hang tags, wine or bottle labels, welcome kits, wedding itineraries, guest books, belly bands, rehearsal dinner invitations, easel signage, napkin wraps…I even designed custom placesetting crossword puzzles!
- Will you make recommendations on what options I have? Definitely! During the initial consultation, I give my couples all sorts of options based on their needs. Whether they are interested in simplifying their collection or are interested in unique add-on items, I give recommendations based on what they’re trying to achieve. And when I send over the first round of digital proofs, I include mocks (for FREE!) of coordinating envelope options, recipient address printing ideas, a custom envelope liner design, and even a belly band or hang tag option to tie it all together. Clients then have a really good idea of how the entire collection will look once it’s assembled.
- What about fun extra items do make my invitations truly memorable to my guests? (welcome box, signs, menus, wax seals… talk about the goodies you would love for your ideal client to purchase) There are so many possibilities to really make your family and friends feel special…yes, even on your wedding day! Not only is your day about celebrating your marriage, it’s about celebrating what you all have in common: love. To make your guests feel extra special, certainly consider thinking outside of the box when it comes to your wedding stationery. After all, it’s the first glimpse they will have of your wedding and what they can expect. Custom calligraphy definitely makes your invitation stand out from all those bills in the mail. Custom envelope liners are a great unexpected surprise when they open up your invitation. And wax seals are definitely a wow-factor. But don’t feel the need to stop there; you can pull extra special touches into your big day, too! Specialty items such as a custom guest book, oversized easel signage, and even unique place cards that double as favors will have your friends and family completely smitten with all the care that went into all of these thoughtful details.
Are you ready to contact Juliann? Here’s more information to get you started!